Sunday, June 12, 2005

Welcome to OnlineEducator!

Hi, welcome to my blog about all things of interest to online teachers. Last year, I started RiverWithin, the Center for Online Educators. That site is now being integrated with a new Center for Online Educators at Boise State University. We hope the new site will be up and available in August 2005.

I've been teaching online for approximately seven years. That's a lot of typing! I'm quite fascinated with online teaching tools, as well as working with teachers to understand the power of those tools in creating and facilitating instruction. I learn so much from my students. Last year, one of my creative students introduced me to blogging in the classrom. This semester, I was introduced to podcasting and podclips (blogs in the form of audio and video clips) by Todd Seymour who runs EdTech Musician, a podcast for educational musicologists. I spent the day looking at education podcast sites on PodcastAlley.com . I'll be discussing future adventures on podcasts in education, for sure!

Stay tuned for the latest news in online teaching, and welcome aboard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Dawley:

I look forward to your musings on this subject matter. This summer we are exploring the use of podcasting here at the college.

Regards,

David Walker
St. Mary's College

Lisa Dawley, Ph.D. said...

Hi David, thanks for the note. Let me know when your site is live--I'd like to see more examples of podcasting in higher ed.

Take care, Lisa